Reporting To: Manager, PMO
The primary responsibility of this job is to act as the focal point for all Terminal Operating System related issues, questions and enhancements. Works with Operations, Billing and Rail department functional leads to ensure that needs are met through system configuration or customization. Act as a liaison to vendors, communicating requirements and testing fixes.
Through understanding of overall terminal operation and how it relates to system functionality, the purpose of this position is to ensure that system efficiencies are realized and continually enhanced. This position will stay current on system enhancements and new technologies in order to make suggestions to management for implementation. Through research and communication with vendors, find creative solutions for functionality requests.
- Provide support to ensure sound administration of mission-critical systems
- Responsible for Terminal Operating System Patches, Fixes, configuration and administration
- Responsible for Test log maintenance and administration
- Case management
- Actively participate in the development & implementation of IT Business Systems and Application Platform
- Translate and implement all the initiatives from the management team and make sure all the application systems are always ready for the future
- Provide input for the implementation and integration plans for IT projects
- Coordinate the continuous improvement process for systems & operational processes in the IT Function/Service Organization
- Work to ensure identification of areas for customization and enhancement of existing IT systems
- Develop documentation and processes to ensure sound change management policies are in place
- Take the necessary action to ensure the sound installation and configuration of monitoring of mission-critical systems
- Oversee system change management
- Strong analytical problem solving, time management and organizational skills
- Have working knowledge of application server architectures such as Oracle, SQL, JAVA, Web Servers & Services to enable day to day troubleshooting and problem-solving.
- Must have leadership skills, with the ability to influence other team members and work with the applications team efficiently to meet the common objective of IT department.
- Must be a team player as well be able to work independently within the defined project, maintaining good internal and external relationships
- Excellent communication (oral, listening and writing) skills
- Good interpersonal skills with a strong focus on service
- Ability to negotiate effectively regarding user needs & requests, both internally and externally
- Problem and conflict resolution skills
- Strong knowledge of Container Terminal Operations and Terminal Operating Systems (Navis/N4 a plus)
- Technical application administration or functional administration experience
Interested candidates should apply to:
Terminal Application Analyst & Administrator