Purpose:Provide structural and foundation design, technical analysis, and /or resolution of engineering problems in a marine terminal environment. Insure that existing specialized container handling equipment is adequately designed and certified for operations in accordance with applicable design standards and codes and suitable to meet the needs of container terminal operations. Support the engineering needs of the marine terminal facility through structural inspections of the wharf system, cargo handling equipment, buildings and various other structures and provide project management support for construction and maintenance / repair activities.
- Analyze structural and mechanical failures of equipment and infrastructure and develop programs for appropriate corrective action.
- Perform scheduled and periodic structural / mechanical inspections of container handling equipment.
- Support programs for annual and quadrennial certification of container handling equipment.
- Development of designs for the improvement of existing terminal equipment and facilities considering operating performance and safety.
- Assist with the development of mechanical and structural technical specifications for new equipment purchases.
- Assist with manufacturing inspections for new container handling equipment fabrication.
- Prepare structural and foundations designs and specifications for terminal projects.
- Prepare, schedule, coordinate and monitor assigned engineering projects.
- Investigate and provide recommendations for structural repairs and modifications.
Essential Qualifications and Skills
- BS or MS degree in Engineering
- Professional License preferred but not required
- Must be able to obtain Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC) through the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- 10 years of experience in civil or structural engineering with at least 5 years hands-on field project management experience
- Experience with mechanical engineering principles, codes, best practices and designs.
- Familiarity with rules, regulations, best practices and performance standards associated with the operation of heavy equipment in an industrial and marine terminal environment
- Industrial weld inspection or weld inspection supervision skills and experience
- Project management and onsite project supervision skills
- Advanced MS Office skills including Excel, Word and Project
- Technical report writing and presentation skills
- Proficiency in 2D/3D Computer Aided Design Systems, and structural analysis packages (Autodesk products are preferred, but not required
Interested candidates may forward a resume and cover letter to:
Maher Terminals LLC
Attn: Human Resources
1210 Corbin Street
Elizabeth, New Jersey 07201
Fax: (908) 436-4803
No Phone Calls Please.
We regret that we can only contact applicants that have been selected for an interview.