Maher Terminals LLC and its affiliated companies, is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment matters, including, but not limited to, recruitment, application, selection, promotions, compensation, transfers and training. It also has been, and shall remain, our policy to promote fair and equitable treatment of all employees and applicants for employment and to comply with the applicable laws and regulations governing equal employment opportunity. In keeping with this policy, Maher Terminals and its affiliated companies will recruit, hire, train, and promote qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or any other federally protected category, and without regard to sexual orientation or gender identification.
Please click on the red position links to view full description:
The primary responsibility of this job is to act as the focal point for all Terminal Operating System related issues, questions and enhancements. Works with Operations, Billing and Rail department functional leads to ensure that needs are met through system configuration or customization. Act as a liaison to vendors, communicating requirements and testing fixes.
Through understanding of overall terminal operation and how it relates to system functionality, the purpose of this position is to ensure that system efficiencies are realized and continually enhanced. This position will stay current on system enhancements and new technologies in order to make suggestions to management for implementation. Through research and communication with vendors, find creative solutions for functionality requests.
- Provide support to ensure sound administration of mission-critical systems
- Responsible for Terminal Operating System Patches, Fixes, configuration and administration
- Responsible for Test log maintenance and administration
- Case management
- Actively participate in the development & implementation of IT Business Systems and Application Platform
- Translate and implement all the initiatives from the management team and make sure all the application systems are always ready for the future
- Provide input for the implementation and integration plans for IT projects
- Coordinate the continuous improvement process for systems & operational processes in the IT Function/Service Organization
- Work to ensure identification of areas for customization and enhancement of existing IT systems
- Develop documentation and processes to ensure sound change management policies are in place
- Take the necessary action to ensure the sound installation and configuration of monitoring of mission-critical systems
- Oversee system change management
- Strong analytical problem solving, time management and organizational skills
- Have working knowledge of application server architectures such as Oracle, SQL, JAVA, Web Servers & Services to enable day to day troubleshooting and problem-solving.
- Must have leadership skills, with the ability to influence other team members and work with the applications team efficiently to meet the common objective of IT department.
- Must be a team player as well be able to work independently within the defined project, maintaining good internal and external relationships
- Excellent communication (oral, listening and writing) skills
- Good interpersonal skills with a strong focus on service
- Ability to negotiate effectively regarding user needs & requests, both internally and externally
- Problem and conflict resolution skills
- Strong knowledge of Container Terminal Operations and Terminal Operating Systems (Navis/N4 a plus)
- Technical application administration or functional administration experience
- To have hands-on responsibility for Maher’s electrical infrastructure, maintenance, environmental, health, safety, energy, controls/instrumentation, civil engineering, and HVAC needs. Support the Facility Manager by addressing the maintenance needs of the marine terminal facility through inspections of the terminal’s grounds, buildings and various other structures and provide supervision and project management support for construction and maintenance / repair activities.
- Lead/analyze projects and technical responsibilities that a typical facility would have on a day-to-day basis. Assist the Facility Manager in the implementation of the facility maintenance program and assist with the responsibilities of the Facility Maintenance Department.
- Responsible for the supervision of a facility maintenance team, including supervision of workorders, payroll, parts and materials stores and requisitions, safety, quality standards, and productivity. Directly supervise and work with a department of ILA longshore mechanics to ensure that daily tasks related to the facilities systems are conducted, as well as establish a recurring program of more comprehensive maintenance.
- Assist the Facility Manager is the implementation of the annual paving inspection and repair program. Inspect, classify and document pavement deficiencies throughout the facility. Prioritize and coordinate pavement repair with the various contractors and Maher stakeholders, and supervise the paving repair activities.
- Perform scheduled and periodic inspections of facility condition and infrastructure, including pavement, drainage system, mooring systems, buildings, etc. Document and report any deficiencies and make recommendations to remedy. Manage projects to remedy deficiencies.
- Propose and develop designs for the improvement of terminal facilities considering operating performance and safety. Prepare, schedule, and manage assigned engineering and construction projects while effectively coordinating with all stakeholders. Assist with and prepare designs and specifications. Assist in the development of project budgets and track costs and progress against budgets and schedules.
- Liaise with various terminal labor unions and insure safety, productivity, and harmony in the workforce.
- BS degree in Facilities Engineering, or equivalent engineering discipline
- Must be able to obtain Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC) through the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Must be able to obtain a Pier Superintendent’s License from the Waterfront Commission of New York Harbor.
- Applicable work experience in facility, civil/structural or mechanical engineering with relevant hands-on field inspection and project management experience
- Experience with structural and mechanical engineering principles, codes, best practices and designs
- Must have strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills and is equally comfortable working independently and as part of a team.
- Familiarity with safety rules, regulations, fire safety codes, best practices and performance standards associated with operation and maintenance of buildings, facilities, and an industrial environment
- Project management and onsite project supervision skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization through verbal and written skills.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills. Must be able to collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company.
- Professional Engineering License preferred but not required
- Achievement of a Facilities Engineer / Management related credential. For example:
- Facilities Management Professional (FMP)
- Certified Professional Maintenance Manager (CPMM)
- Certified Plant Engineer (CPE)
- Proficiency in 2D Computer Aided Design Systems
- Advanced MS Office skills including Excel, Word and Project
- Technical report writing and presentation skills
Interested candidates should apply to:
Interested candidates may forward a resume and cover letter to:
Maher Terminals LLC
Attn: Human Resources
1210 Corbin Street
Elizabeth, New Jersey 07201
Fax: (908) 436-4803
No Phone Calls Please.
We regret that we can only contact applicants that have been selected for an interview.