Maher Terminals LLC and its affiliated companies, is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment matters, including, but not limited to, recruitment, application, selection, promotions, compensation, transfers and training. It also has been, and shall remain, our policy to promote fair and equitable treatment of all employees and applicants for employment and to comply with the applicable laws and regulations governing equal employment opportunity. In keeping with this policy, Maher Terminals and its affiliated companies will recruit, hire, train, and promote qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or any other federally protected category, and without regard to sexual orientation or gender identification.
PurposeProvide structural and mechanical engineering design, technical analysis, project management and resolution of engineering problems in a marine terminal environment. Insure that existing specialized container handling equipment and infrastructure is adequately designed and certified for operations in accordance with applicable design standards and codes and suitable to meet the needs of container terminal operations. Support the engineering needs of the marine terminal facility through structural inspections of the wharf system, cargo handling equipment, buildings and various other structures and provide project management support for construction and maintenance / repair activities.
- Investigate and analyze structural and mechanical failures of equipment and infrastructure and develop recommendations and designs for appropriate corrective action
- Perform scheduled and periodic structural / mechanical inspections of container handling equipment
- Support programs for annual and quadrennial certification of container handling equipment
- Prepare, schedule, coordinate, and manage or coordinate assigned engineering projects tracking costs and progress against budgets and schedules
- Propose and develop designs for the improvement of existing terminal equipment and facilities considering operating performance and safety
- Assist with the development of mechanical and structural technical specifications for new equipment purchases and assist with manufacturing inspections
- Prepare structural and civil designs and specifications for terminal projects
Essential Qualifications and Skills
- BS or MS degree in Mechanical or Structural Engineering from accredited institution
- Must be able to obtain Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC) through the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in civil / structural or mechanical engineering with hands-on field inspection and project management experience
- Experience with structural and mechanical engineering principles, codes, best practices and designs
- Familiarity with rules, regulations, best practices and performance standards associated with the operation of heavy equipment in an industrial and marine terminal environment
- Project management and onsite project supervision skills
- Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Must be able to collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company
- Strong skills in the following areas: networking, active listening/learning, critical thinking, analytical thinking, judgement and decision making, management of material resources, project management, mathematics, time management, presentation, and operations analysis
Other Desired Qualifications and Skills
- Professional Engineering License preferred but not required
- Industrial weld inspection or weld inspection supervision skills and experience
- Proficiency in 2D/3D Computer Aided Design Systems, and structural analysis packages
- Advanced MS Office skills including Excel, Word and Project
- Technical report writing and presentation skills
Interested candidates may forward a resume and cover letter to:
Maher Terminals LLC
Attn: Human Resources
1210 Corbin Street
Elizabeth, New Jersey 07201
Fax: (908) 436-4803
No Phone Calls Please.
We regret that we can only contact applicants that have been selected for an interview.